Corporate Governance Specialist
Name: Pema Wangdhee
Date of Birth: 04-04-1971
- Asian Institute of Management Master in Development Management (MDM) 2001
- National Institute of Education Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) 1998
- University of Delhi Bachelor of Arts (Honors Course) 1995
- Balanced Scorecard (2013) Balanced Scorecard Institute, Australia
- General Management (2012) IIM, Ahmedabad, India
- SAP Human Capital Management (2010) Wipro India
- Organizational Change Management (2008) Danida Fellowship Program, Denmark
- Leading for Change Program (2008) RCSC and SNV, Bhutan
- Research Methodologies & Report Writing (2007) NA Secretariat, Bhutan
- Research Proposal Development (2006) Guru Jambheswar University, Haryana
- Data Processing – Social Science Research (2003) RIM and InfoTech Solutions, Bhutan
Countries of Work Experience: [List countries where staff has worked in the last ten years]:
PoorEmployment Record [Starting with present position, list in reverse order every employment held by staff member since graduation, giving for each employment (see format here below): dates of employment, name of employing organization, positions held.]:
From: 2010 to 2016
Employer: Druk Holding and Investments, Thimphu
- Associate Director – Corporate Services (2014 – 2016)
- Head of HR and Administration (2010-2014)
From: 1996 To: 2010
Employer: Royal Institute of Management, Semtokha, Thimphu
- Head – Department of Research and Consultancy 2008 – 2010
- Lecturer – Department of Management Development 2005 – 2010
- Lecturer – Center for Executive Development 2001 – 2004
- Associate Lecturer – General Management Program 1996 – 2000
11. Detailed Tasks Assigned
· Prepare the technical approach, methodologies and work plan;
· Conduct the envisioning exercise;
· Conduct SWOT and organizational context analyses;
· Facilitate the process of formulating the mission, values, and destination statements;
· Lead the team to devise and determine the strategic thrust areas, strategic maps, objectives, measures and initiatives, and resources including the overall BSC approach;
· Facilitate in preparing the action plans/activities and recommending evaluation mechanism, and
· Prepare and present the CSP reports.
12. Works Undertaken that Best Illustrates Capability to Handle the Tasks Assigned
Name of assignment or project (1): Review of Corporate Strategic Plan and Guidance to DCCL’s internal team
Main Project Features: The DCCL board directed me to review the draft CSP of DCCL prepared by its internal team to make it more professional and practicable using the BSC approach.
Positions Held: Board Director of DCCL assigned to review the CSP of DCCL
Activities performed: Reviewed the whole document and provided specific comments and suggestions on how to firm up the whole strategic plan. It also included giving concrete feedback on which process tool to use, how to analyze and synthesize information and findings and devise strategic objectives, actions, measures and initiatives.
Name of assignment or project (2): Advisory support on how to use BSC framework to prepare the CSP
Main Project Features: The management of BoBL requested me to specially help its internal team to validate all its draft strategic maps, measures and initiatives and see if these were done as per the BSC approach.
Positions Held: Advisor/resource person from DHI
Activities performed: Conducted two days of consultative meetings and coaching on how to devise BoB’s strategic maps, objectives, actions, measures and initiatives using the BSC framework. Guided the team on how to objectively cascade the mission and goals down to the initiative levels and implement their CS action plans across the company.
Name of assignment or project (3): Preparation of the CSP of DHI (2014-2018)
Main Project Features: Development of CSP using the BSC framework (From mission to implementation plan of actions) at the business and functional level
Positions Held: Associate Director – Corporate Services, DHI
Activities performed: Provided oversight to all managers under the corporate services division (such as HR, Media and PR, IT, Accounts and Procurement and Administration) to prepare their function-specific objectives, measures and initiatives so that these are in tune with the overall strategic maps and actions of the company’s CSP. Also, provided views and feedback to firm up the CSP.
HR and Functional Set-ups: Towards Merger of PCAL and DCCL in 2011 (A direct deposit work awarded to DHI using single source selection method).
Name of assignment or project (4): Led the DHI’s consultancy team in carrying out the study on planning the organizational restructuring plan for merging PCAL and DCCL
Company: PCAL and DCCL
Main Project Features: To conduct the restructuring exercise of Penden and Dungsam in anticipation of the merger or combination of the two cement manufacturers for greater business, organizational and HR optimization
Positions Held: Principal Consultant (While as Head of HR and Administration at DHI)
Activities performed: Guided a team of four consultants from DHI since